Contact Us

Uniting Communities

Administrative office
10 Pitt Street, Adelaide
South Australia 5000
Telephone: 1800 615 677
Email: [email protected]

Postal: GPO Box 2534, Adelaide, SA, 5001

Uniting Communities supports South Australians throughout the state. Find our offices on the map below.

Emergency Contact Details

24 hour Telephone Counselling
Ph: 13 11 14 (for the cost of a local call)
Crisis chat (online – available from 8pm to 4am AEST, every day)

Homelessness Gateway Service
Ph: 1800 003 308

Youth Gateway Service (Trace a Place)
Ph: 1800 807 364

Domestic Violence and Aboriginal Family Violence Gateway Service
Ph: 1800 800 098

Media Contact

Manager Advocacy and Communications
Mark Henley
Ph: 0404 067 011
Email: [email protected]


Uniting Communities is committed to providing a safe and respectful environment, and to improving our services in response to comments and complaints.

You can read further information in Complaints and Feedback Policy.

Compliments and suggestions

If you have a suggestion or compliment about Uniting Communities, please contact us at [email protected].


We encourage people who use our services, or interact with us in any other way, to let us know of any concerns or complaints which they may have. In responding to these complaints we are committed to:

  • Fairness
  • Timeliness
  • Confidentiality
  • Providing support to those making complaints
  • Investigating the complaint thoroughly
  • Referring the complaint to external bodies where appropriate
  • Giving feedback to the person making the complaint.

How to make a complaint

You can make a complaint in any way you choose. This could mean writing a letter, speaking to us, or asking someone else to contact us on your behalf. You may also email us at [email protected]. You will be offered an appointment to discuss your complaint.

It is a good idea to have someone to support you if you are being interviewed regarding your complaint. A support person may be able to help you to express your concerns clearly and thoroughly.

 Who to contact if your complaint is recent

This will vary with the circumstances. The complaint may be in regard to the actions of a staff member, or it may be a more general complaint about the organisation.

If your complaint is with a staff member, depending on the nature of the complaint you may wish to speak directly to the worker concerned, as this may be the simplest way of resolving the situation.

If you do not feel comfortable doing this, or if the complaint is not with a person, you may speak to the Team Leader, or the Manager of the relevant area.

As we receive funding from a number of government departments, we have a number of different legal obligations. You can ask whether the area you are concerned with has its own specific complaints policy. In some instances, our funding bodies have complaints units you can approach.

Who to contact if your complaint is from the past

If your complaint is from some time ago, we may no longer be providing the same type of service. In these circumstances, the first person to contact is Robyn Sutherland, Executive Manager Services, on 08 8202 5274.

If you would like to speak to someone regarding the Kate Cocks Babies Home please contact Peter McDonald, Executive Manager Advocacy and Community Relations on 8202 5880. You can find more information on making a complaint regarding past adoptions in Uniting Communities’ procedure for addressing complaints of past adoption practices.

Further information on the history of the Kate Cocks Memorial Babies Home can be found here. A formal apology from Simon Schrapel, Chief Executive, Uniting Communities can be found here.

If you would like to speak with someone regarding Lentara, including information on reunions, please contact Robyn Sutherland, Executive Manager Services on 8202 5274.  You can find more information on making a complaint regarding past abuse in the Uniting Communities’ policy for addressing complaints of past abuse.

What if the complaint is regarding a criminal matter?

In this case we will refer the complaint to the relevant external body, such as the Police, or the Department of Child Youth and Family Services.

What if you are not satisfied with the outcome of making your complaint?

If you advise us that you are not satisfied, a more senior person in the organisation will consider your complaint. You will be able to speak to that person directly.

Additionally, you may approach an external agency, such as the Ombudsman (8226 8699), the Anti-Discrimination Board (8207 1977), or the complaints unit in the relevant funding body.