People with disabilities sometimes need support, and we work with those living with a disability and their carers to offer support that is meaningful, engaging and fun. For some people this could be individual help, while for others group activities are most beneficial.
We also arrange home-based accommodation for children, young people and adults with an intellectual disability who are unable to live with their family.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Uniting Communities is an Approved Provider of the NDIS (Registration Number 98781479). Please visit NDIS My Access Checker to see if you or someone you care for is eligible for assistance.
Our NDIS-approved support services, include:
- accommodation/tenancy assistance
- assistance with daily personal activities
- assistance with daily life tasks in a group or shared living arrangement
- help with household tasks
- training for independence in travel and transport
- assistance to integrate into school or other educational program
- assistance with travel/transport arrangements
- development of daily living and life skills
- participation in community, social and civic activities.
Carers for children, young people and adults who have an intellectual disability and are unable to live with their birth family
Care, equipment and respite for those with a disability
Advice, support and respite care for those caring for someone with a disability