- This event has passed.
Lifeline Adelaide ASIST Workplace Training
April 23, 2018 @ 9:00 am - April 24, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
Everyone can make a difference in preventing suicide. ASIST is a two-day, interactive workshop that prepares caregivers to provide suicide life-assisting, first-aid intervention. This training has provided practical skills to more than 80,000 people around Australia, and is the world’s leading suicide intervention workshop.
This comprehensive training provides knowledge and skills to recognise when someone may be at risk of suicide and respond in ways that help increase their immediate safety and refer them to appropriate help. The training helps people apply suicide first aid with family, friends, co-workers and team-mates, as well as in formal care-giving roles.
Results demonstrate that ASIST helps participants become more willing, ready and able to intervene with someone at risk of suicide, and helps reduce suicidal feelings for those at risk.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- identify people who have thoughts of suicide
- understand how beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions
- understand a person at risk’s story about suicide as well as recognise turning points that connect the person to life
- conduct a safety assessment and develop a plan that will keep the person at risk safe-for-now
- confirm the person at risk’s faith in the safe plan and their intent to follow it through.
For more information
Phone: 08 8202 5110
Email: [email protected]