Our volunteers make a difference to people’s lives across South Australia.
Volunteering gives you a chance to use your skills and develop new ones as you help your community. There are many different opportunities to volunteer at Uniting Communities including offering friendship to older members of the community, working in a Goodwill shop, or answering calls at Lifeline Adelaide from people needing urgent support.
More than 500 volunteers give their time, knowledge and skills, finding it a rewarding part of their lives and a chance to make friends.
As well as being valued by us, our volunteers are valued by those they help, and we are regularly told they make a difference.
Ways to volunteer at UC
There are many ways you can be involved including:
- Driving residents and clients to shopping or appointments
- Phoning or visiting a client in their home
- Assisting with art and craft
- Sharing a cup of tea, enjoying a walk
- Office administration
- Assisting in a Goodwill store
- Knitting and sewing with the Cosy Club.
Please note : Volunteers are required to provide a Criminal History Check.