When you join Uniting Communities you are joining a community of passionate and dedicated individuals working together to support our community. We are an organisation that strives to offer a safe and respectful workplace. We are driven by values which encourage and support our employees and volunteers, as well as our clients.
When applying for a role with Uniting Communities, we will provide you with a transparent application and selection process to understand your fit for the role and our fit with you as an employee. Although the interview and selection process may vary with each role, we will work with you to review your skills, abilities and experience relevant to the role you’ve applied for. This may involve telephone and face to face interviews, online assessments and referee checks.Read more
Uniting Communities offers:
- Open employment and management processes that are respectful and inclusive of all
- Policies and systems ensuring Equal Employment Opportunity and providing for employee rights
- Systems and policies which encourage effective performance development
- Remuneration and Award conditions with the added benefit of salary packaging to assist in maximising your take-home pay
- Opportunities for flexible working arrangements to suit your personal circumstances
- Opportunities for ongoing training and development suited to your role and development needs
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program to support you in personal challenges that may be impacting you as an employee and/or your family
We celebrate diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Uniting Communities recognises the importance of both financial and non-financial benefits in attracting and retaining committed and enthusiastic staff. These benefits can assist maximising your income, support your professional or career development and assist in juggling life’s challenges.Read more
As a not for profit organisation, employees have access to generous salary packaging benefits to reduce your taxable salary and increase your take-home pay. In essence, it’s a simple way to give yourself a payrise. All staff have access to up to $15,900 tax free, and a further $2500 tax free for meal and entertainment purchases. Other items such as laptops, car parking and superannuation can also be salary packaged, reducing the overall tax you need to pay and putting more money in your pocket each fortnight.
Uniting Communities is a flexible workplace that supports employees to manage the pressures of the work/home balance. Flexible working arrangements, including hours worked and location, may be negotiated with your manager as appropriate.
We value diversity and welcome applications from people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identity as LGBTIQ and people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Learning and Development
Uniting Communities has an extensive learning and development program to encourage the continual enhancement of the service we provide to our clients and the professional development of our team. We strive to continually develop our teams and ensure appropriate training opportunities are available to all staff.
Training opportunities will be determined in conjunction with your manager and in connection with role specific requirements and professional needs.