- Medium-intensity content
- 6 hours
- 2 hours e-learning and 4 hours face-to-face with a trainer
Accidental counsellors often find themselves in a counselling role by accident, as a result of conversations or requests from customers, colleagues, friends or others. This workshop provides practical and effective skills to step into the shoes of a counsellor and be able to respond to and support others when they’re angry, distressed or experiencing a challenging time.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- identify signs of people needing emotional support
- improve communication and active listening skills
- practice counselling techniques relevant to participants’ roles
- learn techniques to appropriately respond to aggressive or distressed clients, and crisis situations
- understanding of mental illness and suicide intervention
- gain helpful support options and referrals
- develop skills to maintain own professional boundaries and self-care strategies.
Who should attend?
Employees who encounter people in crisis in their work roles and workplace environment. 18+ years.