- Light-intensity content
- 1-1.5 hours min
- Face-to-face with a qualified trainer
suicideTALK is a short program exploring issues and attitudes in suicide prevention. The program is designed to educate and enable participants to create a suicide-safer workplace and community. As a first step toward greater personal involvement, the program invites participants to explore attitudes, beliefs about suicide. It encourages recognition that anxiety and fear may be a barrier to people actively responding to suicide situations rather than a lack of knowledge or skills.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- embrace life-protection, preservation and promotion activities
- contribute to growing awareness of suicide as a serious community and workplace health and safety issue
- begin breaking free from the stigma and misunderstanding which inhibits open and honest talk about suicide and how to prevent it
- increase personal commitment to and action in suicide prevention.
Who should attend?
All employees, contractors, general public. 18+ years.