Home Care Packages can help you to maintain your independence, health and wellbeing at home. Together, we will work out the best type of support for you, which could include domestic assistance, transport, shopping and personal care. We can also support you if you are experiencing mental health issues.
Home Care Packages
You may want some help with managing your day-to-day household tasks, your personal or medical care, or you might want support to maintain contact with your family and friends. You can tailor a home care package to meet your needs.Read more
This service operates in Adelaide’s metropolitan area, south-east country (Murray Bridge and Mount Gambier) and north-west country (Barossa, Port Augusta, Port Lincoln and Yorke Peninsula).
We will work with you to work out the best option for your situation, so that we can provide safe and supportive services to assist you to enjoy your lifestyle.
When you have made your choice – and you can change those choices at any time – you can rely on us to meet those needs in your home environment.
If you have specific cultural needs, we can assist. This may include overcoming language barriers. Our staff come from more than 25 language backgrounds so, wherever possible, you can work with somebody who speaks your language.
There are four levels of Home Care Packages:
- Basic care needs: Level 1
- Low-level care needs: Level 2
- Intermediate care needs: Level 3
- High-care needs: Level 4
We also offer culturally specific packages including those for:
- people for whom English is a second language
- people who identify as LGBTIQ.
A Home Care Package Coordinator can visit you at home to work with you to tailor a plan that best suits you. You are welcome to include a support person in this session, if you choose.
Commonwealth Home Support Package
The service provides help with activities and tasks that have become difficult to do without assistance due to age, frailty or disability. With this support, you are supported to continue living at home, maintaining your independence and participating in your community.
Our team can work with you to arrange care services and support that best suit your needs.Read more
Services are available in the metropolitan area, the south-east country (Murray Bridge and Mt Gambier) and the north-west country (Barossa, Port Augusta, Port Lincoln and Yorke Peninsula).
Home Support Services include:
- personal care activities such as help with showering and dressing (metropolitan and south-west country)
- domestic tasks such as cleaning, washing and shopping (all regions)
- transport to and from appointments or other activities (metropolitan; limited availability in south-east country)
- social support activities such as home visits, phone support, outings and activities to support you to remain involved in your community (all regions).
Social support activities can include:
- Friendly Visitors – companionship from caring volunteers who visit you at home and help you get involved with your local community. It is a great way to meet people and connect with your community. We also have volunteers who visit with their pet dogs.
- Phone support – a friendly chat with a volunteer who rings each week at the same time. You can share conversation about hobbies, current affairs or any subject that interests you. It’s an enjoyable and easy way to get to know new people.
- Telelink – valuable social support, interaction and phone friendship. Each week, a small group of people with similar interests come together for a friendly group telephone conversation. No special equipment is required for Telelink; all you need to participate is a phone connected at home.
Private Care Services
The Private Services program is fee-for-service home support that provides people with the care they need to maintain their lifestyle at home. We offer services to people with basic, complex and multiple needs and people at risk of hospital admission.Read more
Services are available to agencies and individuals who can pay commercial rates for home support, and our Care Workers come from a variety of language and cultural backgrounds.
We can provide a Care Worker to assist with:
- daily personal care, such as showering, dressing and personal grooming
- domestic tasks, such as washing clothes, light cleaning and preparation of food
- continence care and support
- attending medical appointments
- social support
- respite care.
Veterans Home Care Services
These services ensure that veterans and war widows or widowers can maintain optimal health, wellbeing and independence at home.Read more
Home Help aims to maintain or boost people’s independence at home by assisting with general tasks such as cleaning, laundry and shopping.
Personal Care assists with essential daily tasks such as bathing, getting dressed, toileting, other personal care and basic medical requirements, and preparing meals.
Support for older people experiencing mental illness
The Southern and Northern Supported Recovery program can help older people who are experiencing mental illness to increase their independence and enhance their quality of life.Read more
This program provides non-clinical support for people who:
- require support to continue living in their own home
- are socially or physically isolated
- have no access or limited access to support services
- are at risk of homelessness
- require frequent hospital admissions for either physical or mental health concerns
- present frequently at hospital emergency departments.
We support older people living in the southern and northern metropolitan area.