Everyone has different needs when it comes to staying healthy, active and independent.
We can provide support for mind and body, and also help you to stay in touch with your community. Our groups, classes and health services also include activities that you can do at home.
If you would like to stay independent at home, we can offer services to support your health and wellbeing.
Together, we can work out the best type of support for you. This could include domestic assistance, transport, shopping, nursing and personal care.
Allied Health Services
It’s important for your independence and wellbeing to stay healthy as you get older. Our services can support you to do this with programs for strength and mobility, as well as connecting with your community.
We offer physiotherapy, falls prevention, podiatry, hydrotherapy, occupational therapy and home safety assessment, and exercise classes including Tai Chi. Cognition classes can help you remain mentally active, and social work support is also available.Read more
Our services can help if you:
- are recovering after a medical condition or illness
- are adjusting to changes in your mobility
- experience muscular skeletal pain, restriction or discomfort
- need foot care
- would like to stay fit and active
- find everyday activities difficult
- suffer with arthritic pain or loss of strength in your hands
- are experiencing challenges and would like advocacy, information, counselling or support.
You may be eligible if you are aged 65 or over, or over 50 if you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island person, and live in the north-west area of Adelaide. There is a small fee for services, which is capped.
Please contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 and ask for a referral to Health Access Allied Health Services at Prospect. Alternatively, you can ask your doctor for a referral.
This service is funded by the Department of Health.