With a Home Care Package from Uniting Communities, you can maintain your independence, health and wellbeing at home. Our trained, professional and friendly staff can help you discover the services you want and need to continue living at home, maintaining your independence and staying social.
Home Care Packages
You may want some help with managing your household, your personal or medical care, or you might want support to maintain contact with your family and friends. Let us take away the stress so that you can get on with enjoying yourself.Read more
We work with you to help you to remain independent and in your home. Our programs produce results, supporting you to live your best life. We ensure our services and packages meet your
specific needs, which could include help around the home, transport, shopping and personal care – whatever you like, we tailor a solution for you.
There are four levels of Home Care Packages:
- Basic care needs: Level 1
- Low-level care needs: Level 2
- Intermediate care needs: Level 3
- High-care needs: Level 4
We provide care across all four levels of Home Care Packages. We work with you, your family and/or carer to create a personalised service plan, tailored to your needs, that enables you to continue
to enjoy life independently at home. Our friendly and experienced staff can visit you at home, or speak to you on the phone, to find a solution that works for you.
Our staff come from more than 25 language backgrounds so if you have specific cultural needs, you’re in safe hands.
We also offer culturally specific packages including those for:
- people for whom English is a second language
- people who identify as LGBTIQ.
This service operates in Adelaide’s metropolitan area, south-east country (Murray Bridge and Mount Gambier) and north-west country (Barossa, Port Augusta, Port Lincoln and Yorke Peninsula).
Ask about our Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) for people who are feeling socially isolated or lonely. CVS provides friendship and companionship by matching you with a volunteer visitor who shares similar interests.
Commonwealth Home Support Program
If you need basic assistance with daily tasks, the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) may be a suitable option for you. CHSP offers entry-level services such as cleaning, home maintenance, personal care and health services, supporting you to live well and independently in your own home.
Our team can work with you to arrange services and support that best suit your needs.Read more
Home Support Services include:
- personal care activities such as help with showering and dressing (metropolitan and south-west country)
- domestic tasks such as cleaning, washing and shopping (all regions)
- transport to and from appointments or other activities (metropolitan; limited availability in south-east country)
- social support activities such as home visits, phone support, outings and activities to support you to remain involved in your community (all regions).
Social support activities can include:
- Friendly visitors – Enjoy a visit from one of our friendly volunteers. You choose what you want to do and when you want to do it and we’ll be right beside you – whether you want to stay at home, go shopping or to the doctor’s. We also have volunteers who visit you at home with their pets.
- Phone calls – have a one-on-one chat with a volunteer about your hobbies, current affairs, sport or any subject that interests you. It’s an enjoyable and easy way to get to know new people and stay connected with the things you enjoy most.
- Chit-chat – Join a small group of people and share friendly conversation every week on the phone. It’s a great way to build friendships from the comfort of your own home.
Services are available in the metropolitan area, the south-east country (Murray Bridge and Mt Gambier) and the north-west country (Barossa, Port Augusta, Port Lincoln and Yorke Peninsula).
Private Care Services
If you need support to continue living independently at home but don’t have access to a Home Care Package, we offer a fee-for-service program. With Private Services, you can access all of our programs, selecting which services suit you.Read more
Services are available to agencies and individuals who can pay commercial rates for home support, and our Care Workers come from a variety of language and cultural backgrounds.
We can assist with:
- daily personal care, such as showering, dressing and personal grooming
- domestic tasks, such as washing clothes, light cleaning and preparation of food
- continence care and support
- shopping with you or for you
- attending medical or other appointments
- social support
- respite care.
Veterans Home Care Services
The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) program is designed to assist eligible people who need a little practical help to continue living independently at home.Read more
Home Help aims to maintain or boost people’s independence at home by assisting with general tasks such as cleaning, laundry and shopping.
Personal Care assists with essential daily tasks such as bathing, getting dressed, toileting, other personal care and basic medical requirements, and preparing meals.
For further details on accessing support from DVA please visit dva.gov.au.
Support for older people experiencing mental illness
The Southern and Northern Supported Recovery program can help older people who are experiencing mental illness to increase their independence and enhance their quality of life.Read more
This program provides non-clinical support for people who:
- require support to continue living in their own home
- are socially or physically isolated
- have no access or limited access to support services
- are at risk of homelessness
- require frequent hospital admissions for either physical or mental health concerns
- present frequently at hospital emergency departments.
We support older people living in the southern and northern metropolitan area.