We can support young people who may require ongoing out-of-home care, or accommodation while they are working through challenges at home.
Jo’s – Therapeutic Youth Residential Care
Jo’s is an innovative new service. It provides ongoing long-term residential care to young people aged 12 to 17 who are under the Guardianship of the Minister.Read More
We have two three-bedroom residential properties in the north-eastern suburbs of Adelaide where we provide safe, home-like accommodation to young people, while offering therapeutic support.
We aim to ensure that our service:
- is supported by research and evidence
- provides the right therapeutic support the young person needs
- is positive and focuses on developing young people’s strengths
- supports young people to live the best lives they can.
This service is funded through the Department for Child Protection.
Reconnecting families – Ruby’s Reunification Program
Our Ruby’s Reunification Program helps to resolve conflict and improve relationships between a young person and their parents or caregivers.
The program involves family counselling, and the young person will spend some nights at our supervised Ruby’s accommodation, as well as at home.
Visit us on FacebookRead More
Ruby’s is for young people who:
- are at home but at risk of leaving or being kicked out because of conflict
- are staying in and out of home (eg spending some nights at home and some nights with friends, with extended family or elsewhere)
- haven’t stayed at home for a while, but aren’t receiving an independent income from Centrelink, and are interested in returning home.
The program is available to young people who need a safe place to stay while your family works together to address problems at home. ‘Family’ can include grandparents or other members of your extended family.
Ruby’s accommodation provides 24-hour support and supervision, with houses in Enfield (four beds), Thebarton (six beds), Edwardstown (five beds) and Mount Gambier (five beds).
This service is funded through the Department for Communities and Social Inclusion.