If you are a young person caring for someone at home, juggling school, work and caring responsibilities can be difficult.
Our Young Carers Respite program can help you manage your caring role while you complete secondary or vocational education.
This service helps school-aged young carers to access flexible respite options and age-appropriate support. We recognise that every young carer has a unique situation, so we invite you and your family to contact us to discuss how we may be able to best support you.Read more
We can help with:
- support and respite planning tailored to you, and coordinating respite services
- assessment and care planning to meet your short- and long-term needs
- referral to other relevant services
- information and access to related activities in your community
- emergency planning
- after-hours support in emergency or crisis situations.
The service is available for all young carers up to and including 25 years of age. It operates across the north and west country regions of South Australia.
Planned support and information is available during business hours. We can provide after-hours emergency and crisis respite support – phone 1800 052 222.